by Jill Stefani Wagner

2/27/2019

Holiday Commissions

Jill Stefani Wagner / Comment on this

“The New Jersey Home” pastel painting   11 inches x 14 inches    SOLD I was lucky to have quite a few commissions during the last couple months of 2018. They came in so hot and heavy that I didn’t remember to photograph them all. I’ve posted 3 that I did shoot before they left the studio.   Commissions are interesting conundrums. When I agree to take on these assignments, I have to be aware that although the people who come to me undoubtedly like my art work, they want me to create THEIR art work.  Their subject matter, their size, their medium, their [...]

Read More

1/27/2019

Kewee – Pastel Pet Portrait

Jill Stefani Wagner / Comment on this

Pastel Pet Portrait Painting    8 inches x 16 inches    SOLD There’s something about painting pet portraits that just makes me happy. I am fully aware that most people don’t consider them “high art.” But there’s nothing like the look in the eyes of  heartbroken pet owners when I hand them a painting of their furry friend, especially if it has recently passed. As an animal lover myself, it gives me a special joy to memorialize these little critters who mean so much to us.   Workshop Alert:I recently received an email from UArt paper saying our 2019 pastel workshops are filling up fast! Make [...]

Read More